Thursday, May 19, 2005

The butterfly effect

The "Butterfly Effect", or more technically the "sensitive dependence on initial conditions", is the essence of chaos. I recently had an excellent illustration of it. We all know that my compatriots are master in making chaotic strikes! And yet again they strike!
The French air traffic controllers were on strike this Monday. Don’t ask me why because I buddy don’t know! But they managed to delay my flights! My flight from Valencia to London was delayed by 2 hours because of them. So is this because of the butterfly effect? Not really because we had to fly over France and those %$%$ controllers were throttling the traffic. Ok, but what about delaying a London-Newcastle flight by 3 hours! Isn’t it a good illustration of the butterfly effect? The French air traffic controllers did manage to delay a London-Newcastle flight by 3 hours!!! I still don’t believe it but at least this is what I have been told!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home